- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pate De Foie Gras Aux Poireaux Confits Recipe
|Foie gras||600 Gram (1 Piece)|
|Port||1 Tablespoon (Use Old One)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Pinch (1 Small Pinch)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Pinch (Or A Small Pinch)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Pinch (Or A Small Pinch)|
|Nutmeg/Mace||3⁄4 Pinch (Or A Small Pinch)|
Calories 871 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 564.2 mg
Sodium 6799.8 mg283.3%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 779.5% Vitamin C 97.7%
Calcium 50% Iron 230.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. De-vein the foie gras and place in a bowl containing the water and milk.
2. Keep aside for 2 hours to remove all traces of blood. Dry with cloth.
3. Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over the foie gras. Cover with cling film and marinate 12 hours in a cool place.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 225° F.
5. In a terrine, put the foie gras and press it down firmly. Cover with cling film. Again and place in a bain marie of hot water.
6. Place the vessel into the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
7. Cool the terrine and leave it for 24 hours in the fridge.
8. After that, remove the fat from the foie gras and melt it down.
9. Slice the truffle and marinate it in the warm foie gras fat for about 1 hour.
10. Wash the leeks and tie 7 or 8 together in bundles.
11. In 1.5 litres water and 100 gram salt, boil the bundles for 4 minutes.
12. Run the leeks under plenty of cold water, remove string and pat dry with a cloth. Add pepper.
13. In a frying pan, place the leeks with the foie gras fat and truffle and stir over a gentle heat for 3 minutes. Add salt, cool and remove the truffle.
14. Cut the foie gras into 3/4 inch-thick slice.
15. Line a terrine with cling film and first put in a layer of leeks, then a layer of truffle and finally, a layer of foie gras.
16. Repeat the three layers, cover with cling film, place a heavy weight on top and leave for in the fridge for a day.
17. Serve the pate sliced with a serrated knife which has been warmed in hot water.