- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pate De Foie En Aspic Recipe
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Seasoned stock base||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Tomato juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Celery salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1260 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1677.3 mg559.1%
Sodium 5170.9 mg215.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 115 g230.8%
Vitamin A 1042.7% Vitamin C 156.5%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 265.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine together the chicken livers, instant minced onion, celery, bay leaf, parsley flakes, thyme leaves, rosemary leaves, chicken and seasoned stock base with ½ cup if wine or tomato juice.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and gently simmer for about 20 minutes or till the livers are soft.
3) Take the livers out, strain and reserve the liquid.
4) If required, add water to make 1 ½ cups of liquid.
5) Heat the liquid and mix with gelatin that has already been softened in cold water.
6) Stir well to melt and dissolve.
7) With a thin layer of the gelatin mixture, cover the bottom of a 1-quart milk and chill till firm.
8) Put the remaining gelatin mixture aside.
9) Through the fine blade of a food chopper, put the chicken livers, or puree in a blender.
10) Combine the livers together with the remaining tomato juice or wine, cream cheese, dry mustard, celery salt and powdered horseradish. Mix well.
11) Blend the chicken liver mixture thoroughly with the remaining gelatin mixture. Pour into the mold.
12) Chill the preparation till it is firm.
13) Remove the chilled Pate De Foie En Aspic from the mold and serve, while still chilled, with Melba toast or crackers.