- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pate De Campagne Recipe
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound, minced (250 Gram)|
|Pork fat||1⁄2 Pound, minced (250 Gram)|
|Veal||1⁄2 Pound, minced (250 Gram)|
|Pork liver/Chicken liver||1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped (250 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Eggs||2 , beaten to mix|
|Bacon rashers||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.4%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 274.5 mg
Sodium 120.2 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 167.3% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
2. In a saute pan, melt butter and cook onion for 10-15 minutes over low flame until they become soft. Do not brown.
3. Allow it to cool.
4. In a food processor, add pork, pork fat, veal, pork or chicken liver, garlic, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, eggs, cooked onion, brandy, salt and pepper and puree the mixture.
5. Puree it in two rounds, if all of it does not fit comfortably in the machine.
6. In a pan, saute a small piece of this mixture.
7. Season to taste.
8. It is recommended to season it highly, else add more salt and pepper.
9. Line the sides and the base of a 1 litre terrine mould with bacon, reserving just 2 rashers.
10. Pour the pork mixture in the mould and smooth its top.
11. Slice the reserved bacon into thin strips and arrange in a lattice on top of the pate.
12. In a water bath, cook the pate, uncovered, until done. This will take about 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours.
13. Let pate cool to tepid.
14. Remove the lid to insert a board that fits properly inside the rim.
15. Sprinkle the weights on top and chill.
16. Serve pate from the mould and slice it into pieces.