- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panama Patacones Recipe Video
|Green plantains||2 Large, cut into 3/4" slices|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
Calories 2299 Calories from Fat 2031
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 230 g353.6%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 264.8 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut two small pieces from the two ends of the plantain and make a cut along one side of the plantain.Now you can remove the peel easily with your hand. Holding the plantain under running water would help you peel it easily.
2. Cut the plantain into 3/4 inch slices and add some salt to the slices.
3. In a pot heat some frying oil and fry the slices until they are a nice golden color.
4. Remove the fried slices from the pot and crush each slice separately with the back of the cup or glass. And fry the crushed slices in the oil for a second time.
1. Serve the patacones right away while they are still warm.