- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrigaline Beech Smoked Cheese Pastry Shells Recipe Video
|Pastry shells||10 Ounce, parbaked|
|Crab apples||1 Pound, halved|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrigaline beech smoked cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For white sauce|
|Warm milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrigaline beech smoked cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3857 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g230.8%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.7 mg
Sodium 308.1 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 621 g207%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 361.7 g
Protein 43 g85.9%
Vitamin A 28.5% Vitamin C 60.5%
Calcium 61.4% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar. Add in the apples, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until apples are soft.
3. Mash the apples with masher. Set aside.
4. Add in the butter to a medium sized cold saucepan. Melt over a low heat, add flour and mix with a wooden spoon. Gradually whisk warm milk to mixture until smooth. Mix in grated Carrigaline Beech Smoked cheese.
5. Into each pastry shell, place a piece of Carrigaline Beech Smoked cheese.
6. Pour creamy cheese sauce on top followed by a tablespoon of apple sauce.
7. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh thyme to garnish.