- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Recipe Video
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Small|
|Cold butter||250 Gram, cubed|
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.7 mg
Sodium 217.2 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFood processor
1. In the food processor combine flour, salt and the butter, whiz everything until you get a coarse sand texture.
2. Once done transfer the flour mixture on the worktop, add powdered sugar, make a hole in the center and add lemon zest and the egg yolks.
3. Knead everything until you get smooth dough, do not over knead.
4. Flatten the dough and cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, the pastry dough is ready to be rolled out into shapes of your choice.
6. Bake and serve the sweet short crust pastry with your choice of filling and toppings.