- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Pastitsio Recipe Video
|Penne rigate||600 Gram|
|Ground beef||1 Pound, cooked|
|Cream||2 Can (20 oz) (use as needed)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.9 mg17.3%
Sodium 370.3 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 36.3% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Follow package direction and cook penne in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large pan, spread breadcrumb at the bottom, just to absorb juices.
4. Lay pasta on top and season it with salt before adding a layer of cheese and ground meat.
5. Sprinkle some more cheese and top it with cream.
6. Pop the pan in oven and bake until nice and golden. Remove from oven and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
7. Serve and enjoy!