- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Stewing beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Turnip||1 Small, coarsely grated|
|Finely chopped onion||1|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1057 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 363.7 mg
Sodium 1086.8 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.2%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 62 g123.1%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 152.2%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
2. Get rid of the excess fat from beef and slice it paper thin with a sharp knife.
3. Combine the meat with vegetables.
4. Roll out the pastry in ¼ inch width over a lightly floured board and cut it into 4 circles using a large saucer.
5. Heap the filing in the center of each pastry circle.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it for seasoning and top it with a piece of butter.
7. Moisten the edges of pastry with cold water and fold the 2 edges carefully and join them over the top of filling.
8. Shape the pastry in curved and neatly fluted form by twisting it together.
9. Create small vent on the side of pastry by allowing the air to escape.
10. Brush beaten eggs over the pastries before arranging them on greased baking sheet.
11. Bake for about 10 minutes at 425 °F and bake for another half an hour by reducing the heat to 350 °F.
12. Serve as required.