- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pastel Tea Cakes Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar frosting||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg
Sodium 625.7 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 52.8 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C
Calcium 33% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Cream the shortening, then gradually stir in the sugar and cream together until light.
3) Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4) Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together, then beat alternately with the milk until smooth.
5) In 1 1/2 inch lined tart tins, spoon the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for about 16 minutes.
6) Allow to completely cool and frost with the sugar frosting.
7) Slice and serve in a nice plate.