- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pastel De Choclo Recipe
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Lean round steak||3 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Tabasco sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ears of corn||16 , grated|
|Chopped onion||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black olives||12 , pitted|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , quartered|
|Egg yolks||2 (Raw)|
|Salad oil||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 11679 Calories from Fat 3789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 427 g657%
Saturated Fat 103 g514.8%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 3092.9 mg
Sodium 3760.1 mg156.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1321 g440.3%
Dietary Fiber 161.5 g646%
Sugars 256.1 g
Protein 834 g1668.3%
Vitamin A 336.7% Vitamin C 746.6%
Calcium 80.5% Iron 298%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In the same skillet, heat two tablespoons oil and four tablespoons butter and brown the beef. Season with two teaspoons salt, one tablespoon paprika, one-half teaspoon oregano and the Tabasco. Cover. Cook, stirring often, until the meat is tender. Set aside.
3. Combine the grated raw corn with one tablespoon sugar, one teaspoon salt and four tablespoons butter in a heavy pot. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Set aside.
4. Saute six cups chopped onion in two tablespoons oil and four tablespoons butter until golden brown. Combine with the beef mixture and turn into two three-quart casseroles.
5. Arrange olives and quartered eggs over the beef, place the chicken pieces on top and cover with the corn. Paint the corn with egg yolks diluted with a tea spoon of water and sprinkle very lightly with sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated hot oven (400° F.) until the top is golden brown, about twenty-five minutes.