- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Veggie Bacon Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Veggie bacon strip||50 Gram, chopped|
|Red onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Whole wheat pasta||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Edamame||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Radicchio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced (Organic)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, fresh ground|
Calories 788 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 609.8 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68.2%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, pour 3 Tablespoon of olive oil, pop in the veggie bacon, crisp it up and set it aside.
2. In the same pan, pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and pop in the red onion. Sprinkle with some salt.
3. Meanwhile in a pot boiling with hot water, add some salt to bring some flavor.
4. Add the pasta into the pot.
5. Put the garlic into the pan and let it cook with the onions for 2 minutes.
6. In the pan, add the edamame and crushed red pepper and mix it all up.
7. Now add the radicchio.
8. Drain the cooked pasta and put it directly into the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes.
9. Add the veggie bacon over it, season with some black pepper and mix it all up.
10. Plate it and garnish it with some basil before serving.