- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Zucchini and Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Pasta||1 Pound (any pasta will work, I would stay away from spaghetti or linguini noodles)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Zucchini||1 Large, shredded|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, quartered|
|Parmesan cheese||5 Ounce, grated|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 747.9 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then season liberally with salt. Drop pasta into the boiling water and cook according to package directions or until pasta is al dente-with a bite.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet on a medium-high heat. Add in olive oil along with the sweet onion, cook for 2 minutes or until onions become translucent.
3. Add in zucchini and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Combine the pasta with the vegetables and stir.
5. Start by adding in 1 ladle full of reserved pasta water, this will help the vegetables become more of a sauce.
6. Grate in the Parmesan cheese into the skillet then season the pasta dish with salt and pepper to desired taste. Add in more reserved pasta water if pasta becomes too dry.
7. Serve by itself or with bread and enjoy.