- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Spinach Pesto Recipe
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound, washed and stemmed|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg
Sodium 348.5 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 213.6% Vitamin C 54.2%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan bring 1 cup (250 ml) water to a boil, cook spinach just until spinach wilts, then drain it, squeeze out moisture, chop finely and set aside.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente.
3. To prepare the sauce in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook pine nuts until golden.
4. Stir in spinach and garlic, reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes.
5. Toss drained pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.