- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta With Spinach Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Chopped spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs), drained|
|Low fat ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti||3⁄4 Pound, uncooked|
Calories 1063 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.4 mg
Sodium 153.1 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 101.4% Vitamin C 53.7%
Calcium 38.4% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow package directions to cook pasta, being careful not to overcook and drain well, saving 1/4 cup water.
2) In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons of hot olive oil over medium heat until onion is tender.
3) Stir in spinach and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until spinach droops.
4) In a covered blender container, blend spinach mixture, cheese, parsley, basil, lemon juice, pepper and nutmeg to a smooth sauce and leave aside, covered, to keep warm.
5) In a large bowl, put drained pasta and mix it with remaining olive oil, tossing pasta to coat well.
6) Blend the saved water from pasta with sauce.
7) Spoon the sauce over pasta and serve hot.