- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Oil and Garlic Recipe
|Spaghetti/Linguine / thin vermicelli||8 Ounce (Fresh Or Dried)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), finely chopped or thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock/Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Preferably Homemade)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1841 Calories from Fat 992
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.9%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 517.8 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 38 g76.5%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 95.5%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 65.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, bring water to the boil.
2) Add the pasta, stirring.
3) Boil again and cook until the pasta is tender but still firm in the center, 6 to 8 minutes or according to package directions.
4) Drain the pasta and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
5) If pasta is boiled in advance, place in a pan of cold water or in a tightly sealed plastic bag.
6) To make the sauce, heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a large frying pan.
7) Add the garlic and cook over low heat until the garlic turns golden, but not brown.
8) Add the stock and boil it.
9) Boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
10) Keep aside.
11) When ready to eat, bring the liquid back to the boil.
12) Add the well-drained pasta and toss with wooden forks or a pasta spoon until heated through.
13) Add the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and more oil if needed.
14) Serve the pasta with bread.