- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta With Chicken And Peppers Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Boneless chicken breast||1 Pound, skinned and cut into julienne strips (1 Large Sized)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into julienne strips|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into julienne strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Pasta tubes||3⁄4 Pound (Uncooked Such As Penne)|
Calories 669 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 84.5 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 39 g77.6%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 146.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a large skillet over medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat the oil and add the chicken. Cook and stir till the meat is tendered. Remove from the skillet and set the chicken aside.
2) To the skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook and stir the bell peppers and onion till tendered.
3) Put the chicken back in the skillet and add the ground red pepper and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, constantly stirring.
4) Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 more minutes over low heat.
5) While the chicken mixture is being cooked slowly, prepare the pasta as per the directions on the package. Ensure that there is no overcooking. Drain the pasta and in a large bowl, tosss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
6) Serve hot with sauce on the side.