- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Cheese Sauce and Vegetables Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Fettuccine||8 Ounce (Spinach Like Pasta)|
|2% milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Havarti / brick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg
Sodium 252.8 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the fettuccine al dente for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and saute mushrooms, onions, green pepper, basil and oregano on medium flame, till they soften. Keep aside.
3) In a saucepan, heat milk on medium flame.
4) Dissolve 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in cold water and slowly add into the milk while stirring continously.
5) When the sauce starts to thicken, add in the Monterey and parmesan cheese. Milk until it becomes a smooth sauce.
6) Add in the pasta along with the sauted vegetables and toss well.
7) Lastly, season with paprika.
8) Serve hot.