- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta With Broccoli Rabe And White Beans Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped / pressed|
|Broccoli rabe||1 Large, heavy stems removed and flowers coarsely chopped|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White beans||4 Cup (64 tbs), drained, rinsed (Prepared)|
|Medium pasta shapes||1⁄2 Pound (Such As Penne / Rigatoni / Conchiglie)|
|Pine nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4571 Calories from Fat 964
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.1%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 151.3 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 677 g225.6%
Dietary Fiber 137.5 g549.9%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 238 g475.2%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 201.8% Iron 536.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium flame and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic, stirring until just turning golden.
3. Add broccoli rabe to skillet; stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the rabe begins to brighten.
4. Raise heat under skillet to high, add red pepper flakes and white beans, and cook until the beans are heated through, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
5. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
6. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add pasta water to broccoli rabe mixture and stir to combine.
7. Add pasta to broccoli rabe mixture and stir. Just before serving, add toasted pine nuts.