- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Broccoli Rabe Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Broccoli rabe||2 Cup (32 tbs), trimmed, sliced, base stems removed, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained, seeded, diced|
|Canned ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked fettucini/Linguine / spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.6 mg
Sodium 275.8 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add in garlic and saute for about 1 minute stirring frequently.
2) Add in the broccoli rabe, chicken broth and mix well. Cover the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep stirring in between till the broccoli becomes tender.
3) Mix in tomatoes, hot pasta, cheese, salt and pepper.
4) Toss the pasta well in the sauce using two forks. Remove the skillet from the flame and transfer the pasta onto a serving bowl.
5) Serve Pasta with Broccoli Rabe hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.