- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
|Fresh broccoli/Frozen broccoli spears - 1 packet||2 Pound (1 bunch)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), halved (large ones)|
|Pepperoni sausage||1 , diced|
|Bow tie noodles||1 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg
Sodium 257.7 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 169.2%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the leaves from the broccoli, trim and slice off the bottom of each stem.
2) Slice the broccoli stems into juliennes. Let the florets remain whole. Rinse the florets and stems.
3) In a skillet, cook the broccoli stems in salted, boiling water for 5 minutes. Add in the florets and cook for 5 more minutes. When the broccoli turns crisp, drain. If using frozen broccoli, cook as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
4) In the same skillet, heat oil. Saute the garlic for 5 minutes without browning them. With a slotten spoon, remove the garlic from the skillet.
5) Add in the diced pepperoni. Cook for 5 minutes before adding in the broccoli. Let the broccoli brown slightly.
6) In a kettle of salted, boiling water, cook the pasta. Drain and transfer the pasta back into the kettle.
7) Add in butter or margarine. Toss the pasta to coat in the butter well. Add in parmesan cheese. Toss well.
8) Next, add in the broccoli-pepperoni mixture and toss together all ingredients.
9) Serve the Pasta with Broccoli on a hot serving platter. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.