- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta With Beans And Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned white kidney beans||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed drained (Cannellini)|
|White kidney beans||1⁄2 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Italian tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), canned, seeded and chopped with liquid reserved.|
|Canned italian tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), seeded and chopped with liquid reserved|
|Sun dried tomato halves||4 , cut into strips (Not Packed In Oil)|
|Sun dried tomato||4 , cut into strips (Not Packed In Oil)|
|Dry white table wine||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Thin spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked and hot|
|Thin spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 480.9 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a non stick skillet of size 10 inches and heat the oil in it.
2) Add the garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes approximately until the onions become translucent.
3) Put in the tomatoes both the Italian and the sun dried varieties along with the reserved liquid and wine.
4) Stir the ingredients and allow it to boil.
5) Reduce flame and simmer for 8 minutes while stirring letting the flavors mingle.
6) Take a serving plate and arrange the hot spaghetti on it.
7) Top with the bean-tomato combination and sprinkle parsley on it before serving.