- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Verde Spaghetti with Spinach Amd Almond Sauce Recipe
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Romano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Ounce|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 272.4 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 64.6% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash spinach thoroughly, remove white stems, and chop leaves coarsely.
2. Cook spinach in small quantity of salted water until the leaves turn tender; Cook frozen spinach according to the direction written on the packet.
3. Drain the water from spinach and add the tender leaves into a blender with all other ingredients [mentioned in the list] except hot water.
4. Make a smooth paste out of the blending process.
5. Now add boiling water in it and continue the blending process for a few seconds more.[ water is to be added as per the desired consistency]
6. Boil and prepare spaghetti according to directions mentioned on the packet.
7. Drain and pour sauce over the noodles and toss them well for even coating.
8. Garnish the prepared pasta with remaining Parmesan cheese.
9. You can add parsley, on discretion.
10. Serve immediately.