- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable with Pasta Toss Recipe Video
|Pasta||16 Ounce (use pasta of your choice)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried minced onion||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||1 , sliced and quartered|
|Tofu||1 Pound, sliced and cubed|
|Fresh spinach||3 Ounce|
|Dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce/Pasta sauce||20 Ounce|
|Soy cheese/Rice parmesan||10 Gram (Optional)|
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 660.6 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 47.4% Vitamin C 46.6%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill the pot with the amount of water required by the directions on the pasta package.
2. While it is coming to boil, slice the zucchini into rounds and then quarter. Cut the tofu into small cubes.
3. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
4. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil over medium heat and add the minced onion and garlic powder. Let it cook for a minute then add the zucchini and tofu.
5. When the pasta is three minutes from being done, add the spinach.
6. Drain the pasta and add it to the vegetables. Add the basil and Italian seasonings and then enough of the pasta sauce to suit your taste.
7. Mix well and serve immediately. Top with rice or soy Parmesan "cheese" if desired.