- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Tidbits Recipe
|For pasta dough|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For apricot filling|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice/Apple juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.1 mg21%
Sodium 30.5 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 23.8 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add flour, sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly.
2) Make a well in the enter.
3) Gently put egg yolk, butter and lemon juice into it.
4) Mix with a spoon until the dry ingredients are absorbed.
5) Mix melted butter if required to moisten.
6) Knead the dough soft.
7) Chill for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
8) For filling, in a grinder add apricots and dates. Grind coarsely.
9) Add the remaining ingredients. Mix together well.
10) Add more juice if required.
11) Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
12) Cut out into squares using a ravioli cutter.
13) In center of half the squares, spoon the filling, using a teaspoon.
14) Brush the edges with water and cover with with another square. Seal at the edges.
15) Fry the pasta tidbits in hot oil 375°F (190°C), till golden and crisp.
16) Remove and drain on paper.
12) Serve topped with ice-cream, custard sauce or whipped cream.