- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Shells With Broccoli Recipe
|Pasta shells||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄4 Large, finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.2%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 1227.9 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.2%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 41 g82.2%
Vitamin A 63.5% Vitamin C 378%
Calcium 52.8% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In two medium saucepans bring salted water to a boil.
2. To one pan, add broccoli and to the other add pasta.
3. Allow the broccoli and pasta to boil, keeping a check, on cooking time, until they are cooked al dente or tender-firm.
4. Drain broccoli and pasta separately once cooked. Let cool.
5. Tip pasta into a serving bowl.
6. Chop the broccoli and keep aside.
7. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and butter.
8. Add onion, parsley and anchovies to the pan and sauté until onion is soft and lightly browned.
9. Tip in chopped broccoli and sprinkle with salt and pepper
10. Stir fry until broccoli is crisp and golden.
11. Tip the broccoli mixture into the bowl of pasta shells
12. Toss to mix well and taste to adjust seasoning if necessary.
13. Serve immediately while warm, topped with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese.