- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Salad With Tuna And Snow Peas Recipe
|Fresh snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|Whole scallions||5 , trimmed|
|Canned white tuna in water||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Fusilli||10 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.3 mg
Sodium 197.1 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 63.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, boil water with salt.
2. With a knife, remove the tops and strings of the snow peas.
3. Blanch the peas in the boiling water for 45 seconds.
4. Drain and rinse them under cold running water.
5. With a sharp knife, cut the snow peas diagonally into half-inch pieces and keep aside.
6. Chop the scallions very fine, till it is heaped 1/2 cup.
7. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, and dry mustard.
8. In a bowl, place the tuna.
9. With a fork, flake it into bits.
10. Add the snow peas, scallions, and pasta and toss everything together.
11. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss very well, so that the mayonnaise mixture is hardly visible.
12. Sprinkle black pepper to taste.
13. Chill for an hour in the fridge and serve.