- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Salad with Roasted Peppers and Onions Recipe
|Peppers||6 (Red / Yellow / Combination)|
|Shell pasta/Ditali||12 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 120.5 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 160.6% Vitamin C 440.7%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In oven broil peppers, turning often, for 15 minutes such that charred.
2. Then cool, peel skins, remove stem and seeds, cut into strips and set aside.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente.
4. To prepare sauce in a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and cook onions stirring frequently, until golden brown.
5. Stir in garlic and paprika, cook for 1 minute, then stir in tomatoes and pepper strips, cook 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
6. With sauce, sour cream and hot sauce toss drained pasta.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.