- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Sun-dried tomatoes||40 Gram|
|Spring onions||2 Medium|
|Ricotta salata cheese||20 Gram, grated|
|Pine nuts||60 Gram|
|Basil leaves||20 Small|
|Chilli pepper||1 Medium|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
Calories 1347 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.6%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.8 mg
Sodium 717.3 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g65.9%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 36 g71.7%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 68.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the eggplants into circles about 1/10 inch (3 mm) thick.
2. Soften the sun-dried tomatoes by soaking in hot water for 5 minutes; when they have softened, cut into strips.
3. In a pan with oil, sauté garlic, chili pepper, spring onion, until brown.
4. Add the eggplants and salt to taste; cook the eggplants with a ladle of hot water, then add the sun-dried tomatoes.
5. When the eggplants have softened, add the roughly chopped basil leaves.
6. In a small nonstick pan, toast the pine nuts.
7. Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water. Drain the pasta keeping a little cooking water.
8. Toss the pasta along with the sauted vegetables and the pasta water.
9. Fold in the toasted pine nuts and the grated ricotta salata cheese.
7. Serve it hot or cold.