- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Puttanesca With Sardines Recipe
|Marinara sauce||26 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted|
|Sardines in oil||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fusilli/Rigatoni pasta||12 Ounce|
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.9 mg
Sodium 1332.9 mg55.5%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 4% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop olives roughly along with capers.
2) Follow the package directions to cook pasta until al dente.
3) In the meantime, take a medium saucepan; pour marinara sauce in it and cook over medium-high heat.
4) Stir in chopped olives with capers and drained sardines.
5) Use a spoon to break up sardines and if desired, add in black pepper.
6) In a large bowl, place the cooked pasta after draining well.
7) Pour the cooked sauce on pasta and toss well to coat.
8) Garnish as desired and serve hot.