- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Primavera Recipe
|Broccoli/Same amount fresh asparagus||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut into fingers (2 cups)|
|Snow peas||6 Ounce (fresh or frozen)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Boiling salted water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
|Cherry tomatoes/Large tomato chopped in coarse chunks||12 , halved|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic/Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp.||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic/1/4 tsp /1 ml, garlic powder||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Water||4 Quart (boiling)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Salt||To Taste (good sprinkle)|
|Pepper||To Taste (sprinkle)|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (to sprinkle)|
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.1 mg
Sodium 1524.2 mg63.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.9%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 189.6%
Calcium 33.5% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan boil salted water. Cook broccoli, zucchini, snow peas and peas for 3 minutes.
2) Drain and keep aside.
3) In a separate pan heat first amount of olive oil and saute tomatoes, parsley and first garlic clove for 5 minutes.
4) In large frying pan or wok heat second amount of olive oil.
5) Stir in second garlic clove and mushrooms. Cook until soft.
6) Mix broccoli, zucchini, snow peas, peas and tomato mixture.
7) Heat thoroughly stirring often.
8) In uncovered Dutch oven cook spaghetti in boiling water along with cooking oil and first amount of salt for 11 to 13 minutes..
9) Drain out from water.
10) Mix pasta with mushroom-vegetable mixture.
11) Stir in cream, first amount of Parmesan cheese, second amount of salt, pepper and basil.
12) Toss together gently to combine.
13) Serve in a bowl.
14) Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over it.