- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Primavera Recipe
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie tub margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Grated romano cheese/Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce|
|Basil leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooked broccoli florets||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooked cauliflower florets||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooked sliced carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot cooked fettuccine/Hot cooked linguine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.8 mg
Sodium 208.2 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 0.73%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a blender, process the milk, egg and ricotta cheese until smooth, scraping down sides, if required, keep aside.
2) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, saute the garlic in the margarine over a medium heat for about 1 minute until softened.
3) Stir in the egg mixture, Parmesan (or Romano) cheese, basil, oregano and pepper, cook over a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
4) Stir in the broccoli, cauliflower and carrot and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until vegetables are thoroughly heated.
5) Spoon the pasta on a serving platter, top with the vegetable-cheese mixture and serve immediately.