- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Primavera Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Asparagus spears||6 , cut into 1-inch pieces (Use Medium Sized)|
|Sliced yellow squash||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Ready-To-Serve Variety)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked thin spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use Hot)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.6 mg
Sodium 281.9 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 54.2% Vitamin C 112%
Calcium 15% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2. Stir in asparagus, squash, pepper, and garlic; cook with occasional stirring over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes until the squash is soft.
3. Add broth, parsley, and basil; stir, cover and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
4. Add spaghetti and toss with a pair of forks.
5. In a serving bowl, place the spaghetti.
6. Garnish with cheese.