- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low-Fat Pasta Primavera Recipe
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Fat free chicken broth||4 Tablespoon (Health Valley)|
|Canned no salt added tomato sauce||30 Ounce (2 Cans, 15 Ounces Each)|
|Crushed dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Red pepper||1 Large, cut in 1-inch strips|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yellow summer squash/Zucchini||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut in thin sticks 1 1/2-inches long|
|Carrot||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut in very thin sticks 1 1/2-inches long|
|Small broccoli florets||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole grain pasta||10 Ounce, cooked|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1326.7 mg55.3%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92%
Sugars 45.9 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 326.7% Vitamin C 289.2%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium saucepan, heated over medium high heat, soften onion and garlic by cooking for 5-7 minutes in 2 tablespoons broth.
2) Stir in tomato sauce, honey, oregano, basil and white pepper and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Lower the heat and gently cook the sauce for 20 minutes.
4) Take a skillet or wok and mix together red pepper, mushrooms, squash, carrots, broccoli and 2 tablespoons each balsamic vinegar and broth in it.
5) Fry for about 10 minutes, over high heat, stirring well until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
6) Mix in peas, sautéing for 2 more minutes and then keep the mixture aside.
7) Cook the sauce for 5 minutes after stirring in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
8) In a mixing bowl, place cooked pasta and pour over the sauce, saving 1 cup.
9) Toss the pasta thoroughly to mix with the sauce and then add in sautéed vegetables, stirring well.
10) Garnish with green onion and parsley and serve at once with the reserved sauce.