- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Pasta, Potato, Artichoke and Pea Casserole Recipe Video
|Ridged pasta||200 Gram|
|Parsley bunch||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely|
|Potatoes||500 Gram, slice|
|Artichokes||300 Gram, chop|
|Green peas||300 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||150 Gram|
|Pecorino cheese||100 Gram|
|Bread slices||150 Gram|
|Vegetable broth||1 Liter|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.6 mg
Sodium 930.7 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 84.4%
Calcium 38.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. First add the olive oil and the chopped onion to a large pan, and sauté on a very low flame for about 10-15 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the artichokes. Let them brown for about 5 minutes, and then add the peas. Pour in a ladle of broth and cook for at least 10-15 minutes.
4. Peel and cut the potatoes into thick slices, to prevent them from breaking; add to the pan, pour in a little more broth, without stirring cook for 5 minutes, covered with a lid.
5. While the ingredients are cooking, boil the pasta, until firm to the bite.
6. Now prepare the bread, cheese and parsley mixture for the casserole. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled bread, parsley, garlic and finally the grated cheeses. Mix everything together, add salt and pepper and the mixture is ready.
7. Hard boil the eggs and cut into slices.
8. Now take the pasta, cooked al dente, and add to the pan with the rest of the ingredients, stir gently, to avoid breaking the potatoes then add three quarters of the bread, cheese and parsley mixture; mix gently, to blend the flavors together, then start assembling the casserole.
9. Take an oven dish or baking pan grease with butter and coat bottom with breadcrumbs. First layer the pasta, potato, artichoke and pea mixture spread it evenly.
10. Now add half of the hard-boiled eggs and make the second layer, adding the remaining ingredients. Now finish with the eggs cover with the remaining bread mixture, to add a crispy touch.
11. Finally pour in the broth, starting from the edge; you need plenty of broth to moisten the bread mixture and them dot with a few pieces of butter on top.
12. Bake the casserole at 350°F (180°C) for at least 30 minutes, after that raise the temperature to 390°F (200°C) and bake until golden brown.
13. Serve it hot along with a green salad on the side.
If you're not a vegetarian, you can add lamb to this recipe, or even replace pasta with lamb.
You can use fresh artichokes, but if you're short of time or you want to make this recipe all the year round, you can use frozen artichokes.