- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Pesto Salad Recipe
|Rigatoni pasta||3⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||3 , ripped, cut into sixths lengthwise|
|Provolone cheese||1⁄4 Pound, cut into small pieces (Imported)|
|Pesto dressing||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Pasta)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3733 Calories from Fat 2270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g392.1%
Saturated Fat 42 g210%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.3 mg
Sodium 3074.3 mg128.1%
Total Carbohydrates 288 g96%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.4%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 98 g196.3%
Vitamin A 54.5% Vitamin C 31%
Calcium 87.9% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large pot filled with water. Bring the water to boil.
2) Add the rigatoni pasta into the boiling water and cook for around 7 minutes.
3) Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Toss the pasta with oil in a big bowl.
4) Put the provolone cheese and tomato pieces. Sprinkle pasta pesto dressing over the salad.
5) Toss the mixture well. Keep the salad covered and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
6) For making the pasta pesto dressing, take 5 cups of chopped basil, 1 cup of pine nuts, 1 cup of olive oil along with 3 garlic cloves into the container of a food processor.
7) Add 1 cup of parmesan cheese and blend the mixture well.
8) Add salt and pepper
6) Before serving the salad, bring the salad at room temperature.
7) Garnish the salad with basil leaves.