- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta 'N' Tomatoes Recipe
|Tripolini||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or Tiny Bow Tie Pasta)|
|Fresh tomatoes||32 Ounce (4 Large)|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Snipped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Package cream cheese||3 Ounce, cubed|
|Shredded mozzarella/Shredded cheddar / swiss cheese||1 Ounce (1/4 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cubed fully cooked ham||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.3 mg
Sodium 251.3 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 54.5% Vitamin C 53.2%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta on fire according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Drain the pasta well and keep it warm.
3. With a knife, cut off the top of each tomato.
4. With a scooping knife, hollow out the tomatoes leaving 1/2 or 1/4 inches of flesh at the sides and bottom.
5. Carefully remove the seeds from the scooped out flesh and discard the seeds.
6. Finely chop the rest of seedless flesh. Keep aside.
7. In a microwaveable bowl, mix the onion, garlic, basil, and butter or margarine.
8. Take a sheer plastic wrap used for oven cooking and cover the dish with it.
9. In the microwave, cook the vegetables on 100 per cent power or High for 1 to 2 minutes, till the onions are tender.
10. Take the bowl out of the microwave and remove the wrap.
11. Add the warm pasta; cream cheese; mozzarella, Cheddar, or Swiss cheese; Parmesan cheese; and pepper.
12. Mix well till the chheses melt a little.
13. Next, add the onion mixture, ham and milk and stir.
14. With a spoon, stuff about 1/2 cup of this mixture into the hollowed tomatoes.
15.Take a 8x8x2-inch microwaveable baking dish place the remaining pasta mixture on it.
16. Gently sprinkle the chopped tomato on this mixture
17. Now, place the stuffed tomatoes on this mixture.
18. Cover the dish with the sheer plastic wrap again.
17. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 6 to 8 minutes, till is is heated through.
19. Let the dish stand in the microwave for 1 more minute with the wrap.
20. Serve hot, as a side dish.