- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Kraut Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 Ounce|
|Sauerkraut||14 Ounce, drained|
|Wide egg noodles||8 Ounce|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.4 mg35.5%
Sodium 1770 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a large saucepan heat first amount of cooking oil.
3) Brown meat and onion in it.
4) Scramble the meat.
5) Mix soup, sauerkraut, first amount of salt and pepper.
6) In an uncovered Dutch oven boil water. Cook noodles, cooking oil and second amount of salt in it for about 5 to 7 minutes.
7) Drain out noodles from water.
8) Add it to the meat mixture.
9) Pasta Kraut can be served as is or baked.
10) To bake, grease a 3 quart (3 L) casserole.
11) In a small bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese and butter together.
12) Sprinkle it over it.
13) Bake for about 30 minutes.
14) Serve hot.