- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Florentine Recipe
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed and squeezed dry (2 Packages)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk free margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Pimento||4 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared spaghetti sauce||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Spaghetti sauce||15 1⁄2 Ounce, prepared (1 Jar)|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 569.4 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 296.7% Vitamin C 111.7%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti, onion, pimento, spinach, eggs and melted margarine together, blend well to mix.
3) In a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick coating, press the pasta mixture.
4) In a pan with water, place the ring mold and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, in a pan, saute the mushrooms in the margarine.
6) Stir in the prepared spaghetti sauce and cook until thoroughly heated.
7) Remove the mold and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
8) Unmold the pasta ring on a platter, pour the sauce the center and serve immediately.