- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Pasta Fagioli Soup Recipe Video
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), crush|
|Cannellini beans||30 Ounce, rinsed|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs), divided|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed tomatoes||15 Ounce|
|Short pasta||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated romano cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 1080.8 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.9%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSoup pot
1. Preheat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the onions and sauté over medium low heat.
3. Add garlic and stir cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add in bay leaf, carrots and celery. Stir and put cover on.
5. Simmer for 8 minutes over low heat.
6. In another pan pour 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
7. Cook the pasta as per instructions on box. Drain when cooked.
8. Once carrots and celery are soft add in can of tomatoes, beans, 2 cups of water and broth, and stir.
9. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-20 more minutes.
10. When done add the pasta and combine, season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve with a sprinkle of grated romano cheese.