- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta e Fagioli from Page 43 of Rosalie Serving Italian Cookbook Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chop|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Cannelloni beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Red beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce can||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chop|
|Ditalini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (To boil the pasta)|
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.9 mg18%
Sodium 1035.8 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.8%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 53.4% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedElectric skillet
1. Turn on the electric skillet at 250 degree.
2. Chop onion, celery, carrots and garlic keep it aside in separate bowls.
3. In the skillet sauté the vegetables along with olive oil for 8-10 minutes.
4. In a bowl combine the ground beef along with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and render the meat in a separate skillet.
5. Once the vegetables have softened add the rendered ground meat and cook it together with the vegetables.
6. Add diced tomatoes, cannelloni beans, red beans, oregano, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, ground black pepper, tomato sauce, chicken stock and finally chopped parsley.
7. Simmer everything for 20 minutes on low heat.
8. In the meantime boil the pasta for 8 minutes in water, drain and add it to the soup.
9. Simmer the soup for 5 more minutes.
10. Serve the pasta e fagioli hot.