- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta in due Modi Recipe Video
|Store-bought regular pasta sauce||26 Ounce (1 jar (not embellished, just the basic sauce))|
|Zucchini||1 Large, cut moon shaped|
|Garlic clove||3 Large, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Cooked chicken/Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs) (roughly chopped)|
|Roma tomatoes/Canned tomatoes||2 Large, chopped (14 ounces)|
|Rigatoni pasta||1 Pound, uncooked (or other basic pasta)|
|Fresh basil/Dried basil||8 Tablespoon, chiffonade (1 teaspoon)|
|Fresh thyme/Dried thyme||3 Teaspoon, chopped finely (1 teaspoon)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cabernet or other hearty wine is best (only for non-vegetaraian pasta))|
|Half n half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||9 Tablespoon, divided (keeping 1 tablespoon for garnish)|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced (divided)|
|Parmesan cheese||10 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons reserved for garnish)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Calories 1291 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.8%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.5 mg
Sodium 2121.8 mg88.4%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.4%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 46 g91.9%
Vitamin A 86.4% Vitamin C 113.6%
Calcium 64.8% Iron 45.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare half of the pasta “al dente” according to the package instructions. Be sure to generously salt the water beforehand.
2. In a Dutch oven or large pot, sauté the onion in about half the olive oil for about 5-6 minutes until translucent.
3. For the vegetarian option, add in the mushrooms and sauté for another minute or two. For non-vegetarian option skip to next step.
4. Add in the garlic for another minute.
5. Once everything is tender, add in the zucchini for one or two minutes, but make sure it says firm.
6. For the non-vegetarian option - Finely chop half the fresh basil, then add it to the sauce along with the wine, tomatoes, thyme and chicken. Cook until just warm.
6. For the vegetarian option - Pour in half the lime juice to de-glaze the pan. Then goes the crushed tomatoes, basil, and thyme. Cook until just warm.
7. Next up is the pasta sauce, half & half and one cup of your pasta water.
8. Bring to a moderate simmer, then cover and turn the heat to low. Stirring occasionally, allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, keeping it at a low simmer.
9. Once you’ve drained the pasta, toss it with a little bit of olive oil, cover and set aside.
10. Add the parmesan cheese to the sauce, stir it until it melts, then gently fold in the pasta and stir to combine. Cook for a few more minutes so the pasta can absorb the flavors.
11. Right before serving, stir in the remaining lime juice.
12. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, dried parsley and red pepper flakes