- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Com Pesto Alla Pelliccione Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, drained|
|Romano cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated (Or More)|
|Garlic||6 Large, crushed|
|Spaghetti/Flat noodles/any long pasta||1 Pound, cooked|
Calories 1981 Calories from Fat 1084
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.6%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g249%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199 mg
Sodium 928.1 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 59 g117.9%
Vitamin A 59.7% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 96.4% Iron 55.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a blender, add in basil, 1 cup cheese, oil and garlic. Pulse the ingredients to get a coarse puree.
2) Scrape the sides and lid of the blender as well to get all the puree into a bowl. This should make 1 1/2 cups of the puree also known as pesto sauce.
3) Plate the cooked spaghetti and pour a cup of the pesto over it. Using a fork, gently but quickly mix the sauce into the pasta.
4) Add in 1/2 cup of grated cheese over the top and mix once more.
5) Sprinkle more cheese over the Pasta Com Pesto Alla Pelliccione.
6) Serve the remaining 1/2 cup of pesto alongside the pasta.
The pesto can be stored upto a week in the refrigerator.
If exposed to air, the pesto may turn darkish at the surface. So just skim that layer off before serving.