- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Casserole with Tofu Recipe Video
|Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs), scrambled|
|Whole grained pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiled|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilli sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Marinara sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 1540 Calories from Fat 594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106%
Saturated Fat 22 g110%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.8 mg34.3%
Sodium 7253.4 mg302.2%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.3 g101.2%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 56 g111.8%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 54.3% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees F.
2. Coat inside a casserole tray or dish with olive oil.
3. In a nonstick pan in 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute onion and bell pepper along with a little salt.
4. Stir for about 2 minutes, and then add chili sauce, marinara sauce and heavy cream.
5. Mix the scrambled tofu, add the mixture into the casserole tray and level.
6. Spread the cheese mixture of mozarella and cheddar and cover with a foil making a few holes over it
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve over dinner with simple salads or as desired.