- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Carbonara Florentine Recipe Video
|Baby spinach||6 Ounce (1 Bag)|
|Bacon slices||4 , chop (into 1/4" pieces)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dry vermouth||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmigiano reggiano/Pecorino romano||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 563 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147 mg
Sodium 573.5 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 129.1% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 44.9% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. In a large pot pour water and bring it to a boil.
2. In the meantime wash and drain the spinach, steam the spinach in the microwave covered 2-3 minute.
3. In a large skillet render the bacon until crisp.
4. Remove the spinach and drain in the colander and squeeze out excess water and chop the spinach.
5. Remove the bacon on paper towel and sauté onion with the reserved fat and add pinch of salt.
6. Add 1 teaspoon salt in the boiling water and add the pasta, cook for 6 minutes or until al dente.
7. Add dry vermouth to the onion and cook it until the vermouth is absorbed and evaporated.
8. Cover the skillet and simmer.
9. Drain the pasta and reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
10. Add the pasta to the skillet with spinach and pasta water, give it a toss.
11. In a bowl combine eggs, cheese and cream and stir.
12. Add this to the skillet and stir everything until well combined.
13. Add more pasta water if needed, do not cook for more than 1 minute.
14. Season with black pepper and garnish with bacon.
15. Serve with crusty Italian bread.