- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Bolognese Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided (Wegmans)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound (Wegmans, 90% lean)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Lean ground veal||1 Pound (Wegmans, 85% lean)|
|Ground pork||1 Pound (Wegmans)|
|Chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), thinly sliced (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Shallot||1 , mince (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (Wegmans)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Pinot Grigio)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (Wegmans)|
|Canned whole peeedl tomatoes||28 Ounce (Wegmans)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Ounce (Wegmans Garlic Cheese Finishing Butter)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Parmesan reggiano||2 Tablespoon, shave|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4731 Calories from Fat 2962
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 333 g512%
Saturated Fat 143.6 g718.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1301.9 mg434%
Sodium 5467 mg227.8%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 24.3 g97.1%
Sugars 37.8 g
Protein 290 g580.6%
Vitamin A 691.4% Vitamin C 235%
Calcium 119.3% Iron 143.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add 1 Tbsp oil and ground beef to braising pan on medium high. Season with salt and pepper. Brown meat. Drain fat into small bowl; set aside. Transfer cooked beef to separate large bowl.
2. Repeat with ground veal and ground pork, browning meats separately in 1 Tbsp oil, and seasoning individually. Add these browned meats to browned beef. Combine drained fats into separate bowl.
3. Cook onion, garlic, and shallot in 3 Tablespoons of reserved fat and extra-virgin olive oil on medium high in braising pan about 5 minutes until soft but not browned. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Return browned meats to braising pan and add wine. Bring to simmer on medium. Cook 3-4 minutes or until the wine is reduced by three-quarters.
5. Puree tomatoes, including juice, one can at a time, in blender or food processor. Add the puree to meat in the braising pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cook uncovered on low for 50 minutes.
6. Finally Add carrot and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Let the sauce cool then chill overnight to allow flavors to meld.
8. On the day of serving, heat the sauce to a simmer on medium low heat.
9. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic butter until melted. Stir in cream.
10. Add your favorite cooked pasta to the Bolognese sauce; stir to combine.
11. Place on serving plates; garnish with grated cheese and basil.
Serve with 1 lb Italian Classics Orecchiette, cooked per pkg directions.
Sauce can be made ahead up to point of adding butter and cream, then frozen for up to 1 month.
This recipe makes about 11 cups of sauce.