- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Basilico: On the Side #21 Recipe Video
|Uncooked pasta/Noodles||12 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (regular or lite)|
|Sliced black olives||4 Ounce|
|Minced garlic cloves||1|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (regular or flavored)|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.2%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.5 mg
Sodium 474 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan or a large vessel cook the pasta according to package and drain well.
2. In a large bowl, toss the hot pasta in with the butter; then mix in the cream cheese. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Toss in the olives, garlic and basil into the pasta. Taste again for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste along with olive oil.
4. Place pasta into a baking dish. Cover with a lid or foil.
5. Bake at 325 ̊F for 20-30 minutes, until heated through.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!