- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arugula Pesto, Pasta and Prawns Recipe Video
|Prawn||50 Medium (fresh or frozen)|
|Arugula||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lemon||4 Medium (to make zest)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Parmigianino cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), freshly grated|
|Olive oil||10 Tablespoon (1/2 cup +2 tablespoons more for prawn)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Italian seasoning/Herbes de provence||1 Pinch|
Calories 940 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.9 mg11%
Sodium 272.1 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 82 g164.8%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 42.1% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put fresh arugula and garlic in a food processor fitted with a metal blade “Pulse” a couple of times, then turn “on” while you pour the olive oil into the arugula/garlic until mixture turns a golden green.
2. The mixture should look like a thick sauce.
3. Remove arugula/garlic mixture from processor and put it into a mixing bowl.
4. Fold in the cheese, and spices and set pesto aside while you prepare pasta and prawns.
5. Boil pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente (fully cooked, but not overly soft)
6. Drain water from pasta and return pasta to the pot – toss with a bit of olive oil and set aside while you sauté the prawns.
7. In a large sauté pan bring two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon butter and two fresh peeled/chopped cloves of garlic to a sizzle over medium heat.
8. Add prawns to oil, season with salt, pepper and herbs. Cook prawns until pink on one side, then turn prawns, add splash of wine and continue to cook until prawns are completely pink. Don’t overcook!
9.Pasta should be completely covered in pesto sauce.
10. Put a generous portion of pesto pasta into middle of each plate.
11. Top with 7-8 medium sized prawns (fewer if prawns are large).
12. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of lemon zest over top of each serving.
13. Serve immediately!
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website