- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mixed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2793 Calories from Fat 1421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g244.8%
Saturated Fat 38.3 g191.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.4 mg
Sodium 1521.4 mg63.4%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 267.7 g
Protein 65 g129.5%
Vitamin A 104.6% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 66% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash cottage cheese and drain well to remove excess moisture.
2. In a bowl, cream margarine until fluffy.
3. Add cottage cheese and cream cheese and beat until smooth.
4. Press through strainer and stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Line large strainer with clean cloth and turn cheese mixture into strainer.
6. Place saucer, then a weight, such as 1-pound box of salt, on top and let it drain for 6 hours.
7. Into 6 greased custard cups or individual molds pack cheese mixture and chill.
8. Unmold garnish with additional candied fruit and serve.