- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Salad Recipe
|For seaside dressing|
|Tomato juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1/2 Cup dressing used for salad)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 , tore in small pieces|
|Chicory head||1 , tore in small pieces|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Alaskan king crab meat||1 1⁄2 Pound (canned, or frozen and thawed)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, sliced (1 medium-sized)|
|Carrot||4 Ounce, cut in slivers (1 medium-sized)|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.7 mg
Sodium 1616.7 mg67.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 35 g69%
Vitamin A 285% Vitamin C 84.2%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, whisk together tomato juice, milk, rind and Worcestershire sauce.
2) Mix the milk mixture well to incorporate together.
3) In a bowl, toss together lettuce, chicory, celery and cucumber.
4) Flake the crabmeat, and place it in middle of lettuce mixture.
5) Place onion and carrot around the crabmeat.
6) When ready to serve, fold the salad with Seaside Dressing.
7) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8) Serve the Party Salad in a salad bowl with a lemon wedge on side if desired.