- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Potato Casserole Recipe
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Frozen cooked squash||12 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed, drained (1 Package)|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2713 Calories from Fat 1353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.6%
Saturated Fat 92.8 g464.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 605.7 mg
Sodium 1161.2 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.6%
Dietary Fiber 42.6 g170.4%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 628.3% Vitamin C 591.9%
Calcium 98.8% Iron 110.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat potatoes, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (1/4 stick), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until smooth and fluffy; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix squash with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
4. In second small bowl, beat egg slightly; add spinach, grated onion, 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; mix well and set aside.
5. In deep 2-quart casserole or souffle dish, evenly spread one-third of mashed-potato mixture; top with squash mixture in an even layer, then with another one-third of potatoes, then with spinach mixture, then with remaining potatoes.
6. Bake casserole 40 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven; sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top of potatoes and let stand a few minutes until cheese melts.